Sunday, February 24, 2013

Haul and Review: Le Metier De Beaute Kaleidoscope Eye Kit Bauhaus

Something sinful this way comes......

 All that to protect it.....

                                                       The fuss-free minimalist packaging

                                                                THE KALEIDOSCOPE!

List of Ingredients

 Somewhat cylinder-like. I would have wished that it comes in metal, it would be a perfect 10 in my opinion but that would probably be very heavy (like a lump of lead).
 
 The top tier house the mirror of the Eye Kit which pretty much makes sense if you are touching up on the go but if one is travelling with this kit, this baby is going to stay on the vanity table (that's for sure).

 I think it's beautiful no matter how I look at it. Love the way it looked architectual, sleek and structural.

 Do you agree?

Axiom- a warm coppery brown that has very fine shimmer in it, I can see myself getting quite a fair bit of use out of this. Intensely pigmented with the slightest touch.

 Graphic- a cool soft stone-steel grey that can be used in 1 intense swipe or blended sheer. the least pigmented of all (but having said that, it is still pigmented)


 Crucible- this is a unique colour in my stash as I don't think there is anything quite similar. It is a deep reddish brown or brownish red which is incredibly pigmented (proceed with caution). Praying hard that it will work for me.

 Genre- my favourite after Axiom, this is a dark metal black grey that is great for smoky eyes. Without exception, pigmentation is intense.

 Swatches L-R: Genre, Crucible, Graphic and Axiom

In terms of packaging, I like the concept of it but at this price point one would expect LMDB go one level up. I guess that's the only flaw if I really have to name one but it is also because LMDB is a luxury brand every detail should be taken into consideration in the design and production of it.

Colour pigmentation is intense, I just need to touch the side of my brush (MAC 217) on Axiom and there..... my brush picked up enough pigment for application. I like the way Axiom wore- natural (in fact it looked better than just natural). Looking forward to be able to achieve more when I use the colours together especially the Couches de Couleurs (layering) Method that LMDB is known for.

Value-wise, it's almost like paying a King's ransom to many (including me). This Eye Kit amounts to S$126 after all that conversion and shipping etc, easily the most expensive Eye palette I have ever purchased surpassing them all. However, we are getting 16g of product here which is about 10 MAC single eyeshadows if one were to measure it (which will come up to more than S$200).

In short, one is getting quality and value at the same time though I can't imagine anybody possibly finishing this up considering how pigmented they are. My 2 cents- this is worth getting because I can see it working for me. Considering the quality and price of LMDB's Eye Kit, I urge tempted souls to think how much use they can get out of it, otherwise maybe it's not meant to be. I think Bauhaus is a limited edition, and so are quite a number of the Eye Kits.


Priced at USD95.00 for 16g, available at Nordstrom, Zuneta.com and other major retailers.


No comments:

Post a Comment