Thursday, September 22, 2011

Haul and Review: Lunasol, Coffret Dór and Kate Eye Palettes

Remember my griping about the way Cozycot holds their Kanebo markdown sale..... i really couldn't bring myself to go through the trauma of another pair of hands turning stuffs in my bag, thus hauling from this markdown sale is not possible.

Well, it was impossible until my friend decided to drop by on the last day of the sale (after hearing of my encounter, she remains insistent on bringing her big bag there), strangely she was undisturbed and managed to snag some of the stuff that i had asked her to keep a lookout for me.

I thank her for that. Thanks Ms M. : )

This is a very late post but this is a post that i would like to share with you people even though you might have seen reviews of the following goodies like a zillion times in cyberspace already.

Nevertheless, i present my humble haul from Kanebo......


The humble hauling done.

4 eyeshadow palettes and 1 eyeshadow gel.

Eyeshadow palette No.1.

The shiny metallic cover is a thumbprint magnet.

A sweet eyeshadow palette.

A closer look.


L-R: colour Top left clockwise in the eyeshadow palette.


 Eyeshadow palette No.2.

 A neutral beige palette.

 


 Swatches L-R: Top left, top right, bottom left, centre and bottom right.

 A closer look.

 Coffret Dór eyeshadow palette- heard they have been pulled out of Singapore.

 Sleek and lightweight packaging.

 My first green themed eyeshadow palette.



 Swatches L-R: clockwise from the palette.


 My first Kate Brown Collection- BR4.

 Another neutral eyeshadow palette.


 Swatches L-R: Left to right as shown on the eyeshadows and eyebrown palette.

 Eyeshadow Gel-GY-1 ( a nice pewter brown).



 Swatch of the gel.


 The small family once more.



Basically, i felt that this is a rather decent haul considering that i am not there to handpick them personally, so i would say that again "Thank you, my friend". I would think i would have done more damage myself if it weren't for the unpleasant incident, well just as well since i don't think i would be able to control myself well enough since i heard there were alot of good stuffs there. Guess the money saved here are funds for the Christmas goodies that various brands will be churning out anytime soon now.

The Lunasol eyeshadow palette cost S$35.00  each (usual price is about S$77.00 per eyeshadow palette), Coffret Dór's cost S$17.00 (usual price is S$54.00), while Kate's Brown Collection cost a mere S$8.00 (usual price is about S$23.00) and the gel eyeshadow is only S$5.00 (i don't spot it in Watson anymore, so i guess they are getting rid of discontinued stuffs).

The overall quality (pigmentation, texture and colour scheme, wearing time) of the eyeshadow palettes are excellent in general, they are smooth, silky, long wearing (they don't seems to crease, i have tried both with and without my Urban Decay eye primer, not much different i say). The colours remains true to the pan when swatched and are vibrant, not mute or dull, even the neutral palette contrast variation No.5 is never dull with the beautiful sparkle in the eyeshadow.

I have always thought that i would not be able to carry off palettes with soft and sweet colour scheme but Nature Colourful No.5 proved me wrong, the colours actually soften my look, yes i looked sweet with it : ) So that's definitely a keeper.

Contrast Variation No.5- the neutral beige palette is a no- brainer to me, i am especially happy with the shimmer that is reflected under the light. Love it.

The Coffret Dór green palette is the one that surprises me most as the colours are unique (among my stash) and the pigmentation is incredible. Nice.

Kate's Brown Collection is my go-to when and if i am travelling ( i just came back from Taiwan and that is the only palette i brought along with me). It weighs almost nothing and its a eyeshadow plus eyebrow palette in one. Decent colour payoffs and wear time too.

The Gel eyeshadow is something i have not tried before, the swatching is a first. It is sparkly yet not too loud, it should be easy to wear as it is a nice pewter brown and the colour seemed to be able to adhere to the skin quite well. A little goes a long way and the colour intensity is buildable with layering. Not bad.

All in all, its a decent haul (quality pick from my friend : ) ) with prices slashed from 50% off onwards. I look forward to the next sale if there is any and hopefully security measures would have been improved then.



No comments:

Post a Comment