Monday, July 12, 2010

MAC In the Groove Collection Haul!!! - Stereo Rose, Petticoat and By Candlelight

Yes! Yes! Yes! This is the collection i have been waiting for...

I know i am supposed to be on a "Blushers and Highlighters" ban as imposed to me by my dear koibito.. just exactly how many blushers or highlighters do you need? I just can't bring myself to answer her with a justified and well-reasoned answer, except for the... you know.. 1 for a rosy look, 1 for a sunkissed look...

I have been behaving myself, until when i knew that the "In the Groove" collection is going to re-release quite a few much raved about and coverted items such as the urban legend of all...Stereo Rose.

After the Marine life duo blush episode, where i am just simply flabbergasted that its sold out in the whole of Singapore in a mere 2 hours within the opening of all MAC stores islandwide. This time, i just let fate takes its course.. if i managed to snag either Stereo Rose, By Candlelight or Petticoat, i would be satisfied and be a happy deer for the rest of the month.

However, as chance would have it, i managed to get all 3! Yes yes, the trios burnt a hole in my pocket but they are well-worthed the hole in my books. Its really fate, i tell you, as i just walked in a MAC store near my workplace and asked the MUA casually- Do you still have the stocks for Stereo Rose, By Candlelight and Petticoat?

When she answered yes, and not just 1 last Stereo Rose but a few... you simply can't imagine how elated i was... wow... somebody up there must have liked me. Haha....

Enough of my rambling, here's pics of my haul that fateful afternoon......


Stereo Rose Mineralize Skinfinish (A much anticipated re-release)


A warm coral with a hint of golden brown sheen. The copper veining in mine is not so obvious.

By CandleLight Mineralize Skinfinish (A re-release from Warm and Cosy)


A soft pinkish beige sheer finish with a subtle sheen of pink.

Petticoat Mineralize Skinfinish


A Gorgeous deep dark pink-copper veining with a finish that is very much pinkish.


Swatches of Petticoat, By Candlelight and Stereo Rose.

All in all, i love love love the trios... so, i broke the ban for them, what's a girl got to do? They are so gorgeous in their own rights!

Priced at S$46.00 for 10g (except By Candlelight which is 9g) at all MAC stores (snag them if you can, these won't be in stock for long).

Update: Stereo Rose is officially sold out islandwide as of 9th July (Friday), which is the day i got mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment