Friday, February 19, 2010

Review: The Body Shop- Ice Blue Shampoo

Originally created in the 80s, this classic was revived and made a come back by the good people of Body Shop together with many popular classics that they discontinued back then.
This unusual bottle of blue shampoo brings back memories of my teenage years...I was lamenting for the loss of it when they decided to discountine this in the 90s.... just when i have began to fall in love with it...
So naturally, i am delightfully surprised when it was brought back though for a limited time only.

I am currently halfway through my new bottle of Ice Blue. I would say the invigorating minty feeling on the scalp during washing and after washing remains very much the same except that the icy coolness sort of toned down in this version. I still recalled how i actually felt years ago when i first came in contact with Ice Blue, i shivered at the strong minty coolness on my scalp, more than enough to wake me up for morning classes. This time round, the concoction is a tad milder in my humble opinion.

Nevertheless, I like the fact that the shampoo is able to lather properly, it thoroughly cleansed my hair and best of all the faint minty smell it leaves on my hair. Unfortunately, the Ice Blue conditioner was not brought back together with the shampoo.. This is a pity, the pair would have worked flawlessly together.

The Body shop's Ice Blue Shampoo has been compared to LUSH's Ice Blue Shampoo many a time. Both sport similar packaging, TBS's version has a deeper hue of ultramarine blue to it and it has a black and green label, while LUSH's version was a light shade of teal blue with a speck of brightness to it and it has a white label. I would love to do a comparison between the 2, but LUSH pulled out of Singapore many years ago, so it would mean that i will need to ask my friend in US to help me get hold of it. Meanwhile, hopefully the good people of TBS decides to keep Ice Blue for good.

The question is, would i buy it again?

Why, yes!

But please bring back the Conditioner too and make both available in larger size.

Priced at S$16.90 for 250ml.

Main Ingredients: Aqua, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, PEG-5 Cocamide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate, Menthol, Citric Acid, Benzyl Salicylate, Parfum, Benzophenone-4, Disodium EDTA, Linalool, Citronellol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf juice, Cl 60730 and Cl 42090.

Interesting fact: Aloe Barbadensis Leaf juice is actually Aloe Vera juice. It has anti-inflammatory properties and can soothe irritated skin.

For deciphering of the scientific terms used in the listing of Main ingredients, please visit http://www.thebodyshop.co.uk/ for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment