Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Haul and Reminiscence of an Addict: Evita Peroni Hair Accessories and Childhood

While makeup is like enhancing one's facial feature, skincare would be taking care of the canvas which makeup can work beautifully on, then hair accessories would play pivotal role as the above to our hair.

Sometimes when i walk down the streets, i would observe and ponder why most women that i see possess beautiful skin and makeup but when it comes to hairstyling all i see are endless pony tails and tight buns secured with plainly black rubber bands or pins. A shame isn't it?

When was the last time you are attracted by a beautiful piece of hair accessory worn by someone?

When one talks about hair accessories, i can't help but thought of Evita Peroni, a luxury accessory brand that hails from Denmark (they are famous mainly for their hair accessories and do they venture out to handbags and accesories too).

I am not afraid to admit that i am a hair accessory snob, if the love for quality and unique design qualify me as one, i will gladly proclaim as such. Most importantly this is the brand that i grew up with, the brand that taught me my first lesson in appreciating quality in and beauty in simple things in life.

I will always remember the very first time when i entered a Evita Peroni Store when i was 9 with my mother, the brightly lighted gigantic store (to a 9 year old, yes it is huge : ) ) commanded all my attention and literally took my breath away. The countless rows of colourful hairbands, pelican clips, shark clips, french combs and what nots... were organised according to colours and themes as well left me so stunned that i stood there not knowing how to react. It was more than a child in a candy shop, it was more like a dream instead. : )

My mother chose 2 simple and yet functional hairclips for me, something that if i were to use it today i would not look out of place. Simple and chic.

I was ecstatic (the length of my hair was near waist then) and had wore 1 of the 2 almost everyday to school and the other i saved it for special occassions (like family outings for instance), until i lost them in the midst of moving house.

My love affair with Evita Peroni ended briefly when i chopped off my hair to just below my chin when i was moving up to secondary school. From then on, for many years i never touch any of those beautiful ribbons that my mother would buy from her shopping trips, and i just wore my hair as short as possible. That lasted until my final year in the University, i began to keep long hair once again.

Yes, Evita Peroni remains forgotten as i strayed towards other hair accessory brands, i am unable to shake off the "something seems to be lacking" feeling when i made my purchases over the next few years from various brands. I have things like hairclips in a particular design but in 3 or 4 colours, now i do like what i bought, just not love that's all. They are quality pieces (not really cheap though more affordable than EP's), which is why when i brought 1 or 2 for repair at times, my friends would be surprised to hear that people actually send their hairclips for repair.

Why such long winded reminiscence for a haul?

This piece of bad news was made known to me by a SA from EP that Evita Peroni (EP) will officially withdraw from Singapore from 1st of March 2012. Which explains the severe storewide markdown from 50% to 70% recently and that they did not receive any new stocks from the Pre-Spring 2012 and Spring 2012 collection as well as the previous Fall/Winter 2011 collection.

And, so before Evita Peroni finally becomes something beyond my reach, i did a haul these few days. In fact the hauling is starting to get a little out of hand (quoting from my BFF and prior to this hauling i purchased just 1 piece of hair accessory about 4 months ago).

Without further delay, i present my a-little-out-of-hand hauling.....


I can't help but sigh......

 My Evita Peroni Family (inclusive of previous purchases).

 1st Group.


 2nd Group (my absolute favourite is the one in the 2nd row from the middle, the multi-stone elastic wrap, which i bought 4 months back, the teal flower hair fastener below is a present from my BFF).

 3rd Group.

 Day 1 haul- part 1.

 Day 1 haul- part 2.

 Day 1 haul- part 3.
 
 Day 2 haul.

 This reminds me of something i would wear if i was 9 again. : ) A little like "Alice in Wonderland" ?

Part of my Hair Accessory stash- the hairclip drawer.

While i do appreciate quality and the uniqueness of one-of-a-kind of design, i understand that EP's accessory is really too high-end for say a clip or a hairband.

S$60 for a hairclip? S$100 for a Austrian studded hairband? It is a form of luxury spending that one would frown upon, just like how i will never be able to convince my BFF that a S$60 hairclip is worth the price tag (her simple trusty hairclip serve her just as well), let alone justifying my collection to her.

Well, to each her own i say.

Forgive me for being decadant.... while i allow myself to immerse in my luxury laced childhood memories with EP where there is still time......


No comments:

Post a Comment